It’s time to take your place among the world’s best firms! One of the most highly anticipated AEC events of 2020 is here: The 1st Annual A+Firm Awards is now accepting entries, with an Early Entry Deadline of October 9 this year.
Expanding on the A+Awards — the world’s largest architectural awards program — the A+Firm Awards will spotlight the best in the AEC industry, giving innovative companies the global recognition they deserve. To get your firm in the running for this prestigious accolade, get started on your entry today:
The A+Firm Awards is the only program designed explicitly to reward studios of all sizes, geographies, and specializations. There are 30+ Categories for firms to enter, including:
- Overall Firm Awards: “Best of the Year” Categories include awards for all firm sizes, with tiered pricing to make them accessible for all budgets.
- Geographic Awards: Your firm could secure the coveted title of Best in North America, Best in Central and South America, Best in Asia, Best in Australasia or Best in Africa.
- Typology Awards: For firms that have a proven track record in a particular building type, including residential, commercial, cultural, hospitality, and more.
- Specialization Awards: Honoring the crucial collaborators that bring projects to life, including landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, rendering studios and photographers.
- The A+Firm Awards also includes unique categories for portfolios that emphasize sustainability, public works, small projects, and collaboration.
Eligible firms can submit for multiple awards categories, so there are many ways to win.
Receive Worldwide Recognition for Your Work
Winners will see their work celebrated in the form of a year-round digital exhibition, with their projects being published on Architizer Journal, Facebook (1.8 Million Followers), Instagram (1.5M), and Twitter (1.1M), as well as LinkedIn and Pinterest. With a combined audience of more than 7.5 million, the exposure that awaits A+Firm Award recipients is unparalleled.
In addition to inclusion on the A+Awards Winners Gallery and publication on Architizer.com, all Winners receive an iconic A+Firm Awards Trophy. Architizer worked closely with some of the world’s best awards designers to create a bespoke trophy that reflects our winners’ outstanding design ethos and achievements. In addition to the A+Awards Trophy, we’ve partnered with international newswire v2com to provide Winners with a global media package worth more than $1,500.
V2com distributes industry news to some 6,350 publications and influencers in more than 96 countries, so the buzz is set to be huge!
Have Your Work Reviewed by a Globally Renowned Jury
The Jury will evaluate each firm based on the following 5 criteria: Aesthetics, Innovation, Impact, Versatility and Mission. You can see detailed descriptions for each of these criteria over on the A+Firm Awards website. Be sure to take a read through as you compile your entry, as firms scoring highly in these areas have an outstanding chance to win.
What about the jury itself? Architizer is proud to present one of the most influential and diverse juries for this global architectural awards program. Hailing from a wide range of industries and with unique expertise, these thought leaders will offer their unique perspective to help identify which firms are the world’s best, based on the quality of their work and what they stand for in today’s fast-evolving world. Select jurors include:
- Ji Lee, Creative Director, Facebook / Instagram
- David Rockwell, Founder and President, Rockwell Group
- Kathryn Firth, Partner, FPdesign; former Urban Design Director, NBBJ
- Yoko Choy, China Editor, Wallpaper*
- Hans Ulrich Obrist, Director, Serpentine Gallery
- Sumayya Vally, Founder, Counterspace Architects
- Virgil Abloh, Chief Executive Director, Off-White and Artistic Director, Louis Vuitton
- Barry Bergdoll, former MOMA curator and Pritzker Prize juror
- Roy Kim, Founder, Roy Kim Design; Principal at Eight Inc.
- Kate Wagner, architectural critic, creator of McMansion Hell
- Kelly Wearstler, Founder, Kelly Wearstler Interior Design
- Yves Behar, Founder, fuseproject
- Jake Barton, Principal, Local Projects
- Debbie Millman, Host, Design Matters
A full rundown of jurors and biographies can be found here.
Get Your Submission Prepared
To help you prepare your submission, here is a list of materials and information you’ll need to complete the entry process:
- Firm Name
- Firm Location (city and country)
- Firm URL
- Firm Description / Mission
You are invited to submit 3 to 6 projects for each Award Category. For categories involving built works, at least 3 of your projects should have been completed (built) in the past 10 years. For each project, we’ll ask for the following information:
- Project Title
- Project Year and Location
- Project Status (Built or Unbuilt)
- Entry Description (300 words)
- Collaboration credits (Optional)
- Upload 1-8 images for each project (Images: 20MB max each; jpg, jpeg, png or pdf format; single images only, no collages.)
We recommend reading through the available Award Categories to see which your firm is eligible for. Firms can enter their work in multiple categories to maximize their chances of success. To find out more about the A+Firm Awards, check out our handy About pages, including FAQs, fees and deadlines, and eligibility and guidelines.
Watch out for updates on Architizer Journal and on the program website, and don’t forget — enter before October 9, 2020 to secure the lowest possible entry fee for your firm. Click the button below to get started:
The post Calling the World’s Best: The Inaugural A+Firm Awards Is Now Open for Entries! appeared first on Journal.