Did you know that Architizer’s founders and its current Editor in Chief are all licensed architects? It should come as no surprise, then, that we understand how challenging it is to juggle award submissions with client deadlines and countless other responsibilities that come with running an architecture firm.
For this reason, we always strive to ensure every firm has plenty of opportunity to participate in Architizer’s iconic awards program, through it all. This season, we’ve expanded the timeline for our special edition, 10th Anniversary A+Awards, which is great news for time-strapped architects and interior designers: The program remains open for entries, with a Final Entry Deadline of January 28th, 2022. That’s right: Your firm still has time to shine, and to get your projects in the running for global coverage throughout the next 12 months! Get started on your submission today:
A Guide to the A+Award Categories
As you prepare your projects for submission, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing which A+Award category or categories to enter. There are some 100+ categories to choose from, with two A+Awards up for grabs in each: the Jurors’ Award is selected by our preeminent group of more than 200 expert jurors, while the Popular Choice Award is decided hundreds of thousands of votes by design lovers around the world.
At first glance, the full run-down of categories might appear daunting, but fear not — here’s a handy guide to understanding the two main types of A+Award category on offer:
Architects do a lot of things — signage, branding, presentations, conferences — but at the core of our profession, we make buildings and spaces. The Typology Awards honor this core function, and span the full gamut of architectural programs at every scale. Entries must be BUILT projects completed within the past three (3) years, with the exception of the Unbuilt Categories.
Categories broadly include residential, office, commercial, transportation, cultural, institutional, and landscape architecture projects. There are also dedicated categories for interiors, including Small and Large Residential Interiors, Office Interiors and Transport Interiors.
Architecture is everywhere and touches everyone. The Plus Awards are designed to celebrate architecture’s relevancy through categories that highlight the issues confronting the world. Entries must be BUILT projects completed within the past three (3) years, with the exception of the ‘Architecture +Models & Rendering’ category.
Architecture touches everyone at multiple scales, and the Plus Categories are divided into two groups to reflect this fact. At the largest scale, The Concept Categories celebrate how architecture is capable of responding to global issues, shifts in technology and our evolving society. On a smaller scale, the Detail Categories the celebrate innovative features and material applications that define the tactile qualities of architecture that we come into contact with everyday.
NEW this year! Firm Categories celebrate the breadth of a firm’s achievement by showcasing a portfolio of projects. Firm Type categories honor overall excellence for firms of different sizes and stages of career. Specialization categories honor firms that demonstrate a strong body of work in a specific architectural typology. Firm Location categories honor firms based in different geographic regions. Entries may include BUILT and UNBUILT projects, but must include at least three (3) projects BUILT within the past ten (10) years.
How Your Firm Can Benefit From Winning an A+Award
Why is the A+Awards worth entering? For architecture firms looking to elevate their reputation and standing within the profession, there are a number of compelling reasons:
- Gain global recognition for your work. A+Awards winners are recognized not only our esteemed jury, but also Architizer’s 7+ million strong online community of designers. The winners’ announcement will also be distributed to more than 6,000 publications across 96 countries by international architectural newswire @v2com_newswire, providing incredible visibility for firms.
- Get featured in the next A+Awards book. All architecture winners will be featured in the annual A+Awards compendium entitled “Architizer: The World’s Best Architecture”, published by @monacellipress .
- Raise your reputation with clients and collaborators. Winners can publish the iconic black and white A+Award winner’s badge across their websites and social media. It’s a stamp of approval that clients will immediately recognize.
- Get your hands on the iconic A+Awards trophy. All winners receive a custom-engraved A+Awards Trophy, a remarkable showpiece crafted by some of the world’s best awards designers.
- Feature on the A+List. All architecture winners are included in the A+List, our annual run-down of Architecture Firms to Watch. The list forms a definitive “who’s who” of design studios to focus on during the coming year. Click here to see the current A+List.
By entering, you also support Architizer in its mission to share great architecture with the world, setting positive precedents for the next generation of designers.
To find out more about the A+Awards, check out our handy About pages, including FAQs, fees and deadlines, and eligibility and guidelines. If you have any questions about the program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, the Final Entry Deadline is January 28th, so be sure to submit your work before then to be in the running:
A huge thank you to all firms and architects that have entered their work so far — we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without you, and we can’t wait to showcase your latest work with our global community!
Top image: PokoPoko Clubhouse by Klein Dytham Architecture, 9th Annual A+Awards Special Mention in the Architecture +Wood category.
The post Call for Entries: There’s Still Time to Enter the 10th Anniversary A+Awards! appeared first on Journal.