Get your cameras primed: Architizer is excited to announce the launch of The One Photo Challenge!
Entries for the competition open on March 3, 2020. There are plenty of opportunities to submit, with an Early Entry Deadline of March 20th, Regular Entry Deadline of April 17th, and a Late Entry Deadline of May 1st. Submit a captivating photograph that tells a compelling story about architecture and its inhabitants for the chance to win $2,500 and an array of other incredible prizes.
The One Photo Challenge is designed to showcase and celebrate work that captures the essence of a place, tells us about the people that inhabit it, and communicate a larger story about the context of a home, city or country. Submissions call for one photograph that powerfully reflect these qualities. It can be located anywhere in the world and be at any scale. It can be taken from a wide angle or close up, show a whole building or just a detail. As long as your photo portrays part or all of a building or group of buildings, it is eligible.
Remember, the challenge is to tell a story with your image, so think about what narrative your photo communicates. Your photograph should be accompanied by a short description, no more than 150 words.
Prizes for the two top winners (one student, one non-student) include:
- $2,500 prize money
- Publication in the inaugural “One Photo” eBook
- Coverage on Architizer Journal and social media promotion
- An exclusive interview discussing your work published in Architizer Journal
Ten additional runners-up will feature in the eBook and receive coverage across Architizer Journal and its social media platforms. One hundred finalists in total (including the top winners and runners-up) will be published in the “One Photo” eBook, to be distributed to thousands of architecture firms and millions more via Architizer’s social media channels.
The 100 Finalists will be selected by Architizer’s team of in-house competition jurors. These finalists will then be scored by our expert jury, which includes practitioners and thought leaders from the worlds of architecture and photography.
Confirmed jurors include:
- Ema Peter, multi-award-winning architectural photographer
- Sebastian Weiss, otherwise known as le_blanc — Instagram’s most popular photographer of minimalist architectural details
- Paul Clemence, renowned architectural photographer and founder of the huge Archi-Photo community, home to almost 1 million followers!
- Murad and Nataly Osmann, creators of the #followmeto project and arguably Instagram’s most famous traveling couple. Murad and Nataly brought architectural photography to a whole new audience with their iconic “follow me” photographs, and with a combined Instagram following of 5.5M, their global influence on the world of travel photography is unparalleled
- Aldo Amoretti, multi A+Award-winning architectural photographer who took the photo on the cover of 2018 “The World’s Best Architecture” compendium!
- Hufton + Crow, world-renowned photographers Nick Hufton and Al Crow, whose clients include Zaha Hadid Architects, BIG and Heatherwick Studio.
The jury will include more influential thought leaders from the worlds of architecture and photography alike.
The One Photo Challenge provides creative individuals at any phase of their career, from undergraduate students to seasoned professionals, the opportunity to share their work with the world. So, tell us a story, with just one image, for the chance to get it recognized on the global stage.
Top image: Heydar Aliyev Center designed by Zaha Hadid Architects; photographed by One Photo Challenge jurors Hufton + Crow
The post Call for Entries: Submit an Architectural Photo for the One Photo Challenge and Win $2,500 appeared first on Journal.